Monday, September 12, 2005

Ms. Johnson Goes to Washington

Let it be known that I commuted on my own (well, while in the company of hundreds/thousands of strangers and with the help of a couple of attendants) from the Halethorpe station to Union Station to Metro Center and then my stop Federal Triangle where I walked one and one half blocks to the Department of Commerce. I really start tomorrow, today was simply a trial run. Although, upon reaching my destination I did see the Secretary get out of his car and walk in (basically I was standing on the sidewalk, saw a bunch of men in black suits with their finger in their ear and about four black cars pulled up...I did what any other person would do, I waited given I didn't believe the security was there for me). When I came up the escalator it was as if I'd seen a vision from the Lord, one that looked like the Reagan Building. I knew at that moment I'd arrived at my destination and not in some far off suburb. Upon this realization I wanted to begin running around, jumping up and down while laughing and screaming with excitement, but I refrained and opted to simply call my dad and tell him the good news. I trust both of you will stay tuned as I attempt to log onto my bootleg internet connection tomorrow night and bring you an update on day one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish my life were as exciting as yours. I hope some day I too will have the privaledge of encountering such a vision. I can't wait to here about your first day on the road to the oval office. Maybe that's not such a good thing to say to an intern in DC these days!?!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My friend, the White House intern"...that's fun to say.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home