Thursday, December 15, 2005

What's it like to be paid?

I thought my previous boss's prediction was going to become my reality and I was going to be forced to turn in my black pants and boots for a black apron. I thought I would have to exchange my ID badge (well the temporary one has been confiscated) for a name tag and drinking coffee for serving coffee. But, the prayers have been answered and I have a job...Yes, one that pays.

For some reason the office I've interned in has decided to keep me around for a while longer and add me to the payroll. On January 3rd I will go into the U.S. Department of Commerce Advance Office for the Secretary, continue the job I've been doing only my name will be on the payroll. I'm very excited about this and will send out my business cards as soon as I get one. For now the back apron will simply have to wait and as for mixing drinks, Koolaid will have to suffice for the time being.

I know you realize this is probably a gross underexageration and if you want the full story then give me a call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home